- About Us
- Library Board
- Mission Statement
- Friends of Library
- New Materials
Any individual or group of individuals has the right to judge or express concern as to whether or nor an item is acceptable; however, that individual or group of individuals may not legally abridge the rights of other individuals to have access to information. If a complaint is made, the following procedure should be followed:
- Require the attached form "Request For Reconsideration" to be filled out in duplicate.
- The "Request For Reconsideration" form should be submitted to the Library.
- All Board members should read and/or evaluate the material of concern, weigh values, and form opinions based on the accepted Library Selection Policy.
- Library Board members and the librarian (at a regular scheduled meeting) shall determine the disposition of the material and then meet with the Complainant to review the Board's decision.
- Copies of the complaint and resolution should be kept on file and a copy of the disposition should be given to the Complainant.